Thank you for your interest in Summer Intern & UVA-Affiliated Programs Housing.
Intern housing for Summer 2024 will be available for booking on Monday, March 4. Please check back at that time to make your reservation.
- Housing is available starting Monday, May 27, 2024. The latest-available check-out date is Friday, August 3, 2024.
- A two-week (13-night) minimum stay is required.
- Reservations must be made two (2) weeks in advance of your desired check-in date.
- To be eligible for this housing, students must be enrolled at an institution of higher education, and proof of internship must be provided at the time of reservation.
- Student athletes with prior approval from Athletics may also be eligible for this housing. At the time that they make their reservation, they must indicate that they are a student athlete with approval from Athletics to stay in UVA-Affiliated Programs Housing.
- Please note that you must be at least 18 years of age to live on Grounds in summer short-term housing.
- Please see the Terms and Conditions of Summer Conference Housing for additional information.
Intern guests stay in air-conditioned, apartment-style accommodations in our upperclass Copeley Apartments residence area. These apartment accommodations include two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, dining area, one full bath, and one half bath.
Your reservation pays for one single-occupancy bedroom in the apartment. Each guest will have their own room with a full-size bed, desk, and wardrobe. Guests may be assigned to share a two-bedroom apartment with another intern of the same gender.
The kitchen includes a range and oven, refrigerator, and sink. Cooking supplies such as pots and pans, utensils, plates, and drinkware are not included and must be supplied, as needed, by the guest. All apartments are furnished with a sofa, two arm chairs, a coffee table, two end tables with lamps, and a dining table with chairs.
Please note that bedrooms are not equipped with hangers, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, or lamps (overhead lighting only). Guests are responsible for supplying their own bed linens, pillows, towels, and personal toiletry items including shampoo, soap, etc.
Laundry facilities are available in the residence area for guests' use during the summer. Laundry machines are operated using the Speed Queen laundry app. More information can be found at our Laundry webpage.
Meal Plans and Parking
The Summer Intern Housing rate is $47.00 per person, per night (plus 5.3% sales tax). All reservations must be made online and paid in full with a valid credit card upon registration, except for approved student athlete applicants.
If you require disability-related or medical accommodations, please contact Conferences@UVA directly at 434.924.4479 or email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: For all applicants other than approved student athletes, proof of internship or participation in a UVA-affiliated program must be provided at the time of reservation.
This proof may be documentation from the university or college, employer, etc. in the form of an email, a communication on letterhead, or scanned documentation. In the event that your internship cannot be verified, the housing reservation will be cancelled, and no bed will be reserved.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in and check-out will take place at the Housing & Residence Life (HRL) office in Gibbons House (GPS address: 425 Tree House Drive, Charlottesville VA 22903).
Guests must check in and check out during business hours. There is no after-hours check-in.
During the summer, the HRL office is open seven days a week:
- May & August hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- June & July hours: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Changes and Cancellations
All changes or cancellations must be made no later than seven (7) days prior to your arrival to avoid a penalty. Changes or cancellations made less than seven days prior to your check-in date are subject to a $200 fee.
Use the 2024 Summer Interns & UVA-Affiliated Programs Change and Cancellation Form to make any changes to your existing reservation.
If you have additional questions about changes and cancellations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.